First can I apologise for our weird activity last week, it was a busy week for us but we’re back and ready to roll. This week we decided to pick our top five Crime novels because I don’t know about Ellie but its one of my favourite genres.
- ‘I let you go’ by Clare Mackintosh -Honestly I can never stop singing praises for Clare Mackintosh’s books. I adored I Let You Go and I See You was just as good! Both were packed with thriller vibes and I loved their plots. Both of her current novels are fantastic standalones and it’s no surprise that they’re my first thought when I think of my favourite crime novels.
- Clive Cussler novels – Cussler has been my guilty pleasure for as long as I can remember. It’s definitely not the sort of thing that people would expect me to read but I can’t get enough of the Oregon crew series and the others are quite good too!
- ‘Gone Girl’ by Gillian Flynn – How could this not make it to the list? I mean this book was all kinds of messed up (in a good way) but I didn’t suspect any of it which what makes it such a great crime novel.
- Rizzoli and Isles series by Tess Gerritsen – Basically any one of the books from her Rizzoli and Isles series. They’re great and it’s got to be one of my favourite crime series, Tess Gerritsen is such a great writer. There’s actually a tv series called ‘Rizzoli and Isles’ based from her books.
- Bones series by Kathy Reichs – Once again this isn’t a specific book but her whole series based around Temperance Brennan and once again there is also a tv show called ‘Bones’ based around these books. If you haven’t heard of them or you’ve watched the show but haven’t read the books I’d definitely recommend you do so!